An app providing file uploading and sharing services
4Shared is an app that lets you search, share, discover and backup media to the 4Shared service - and with over 30 million files available at your fingertips, you’ll be able to find everything you’re looking for!
Share files, no matter the file type or size, with friends, families, colleagues, and others, all with a few taps of your screen.
New features include the ability to automatically upload new videos and photos with a built-in camera, streaming music from right inside the app, and new folder-sharing features that make collaborating and sharing with others a snap.
Overall the 4Shared app offers just about everything you could want in a file sharing app – just make sure you set up the automatic upload settings to save data (details below).
- Search, Share, and Find Media The 4Shared app allows you to search over 30,000,000 files to find just what you’re looking for! Find media, share links with friends and save files to download later when you’re on your home connection.
- Save and Share Everything Automatically Automatic sync allows you to save all your files, even just your recent selfies, and sync them to your 4Shared account. You can also choose to only upload photos and videos using the Wi-Fi only option to keep data usage at a minimum.
- Manage All Your Files on the Go The app allows you to rename, move, and even delete files remotely right in the app!
- Automatic Sync Can Overshare If you have a limited data plan you’ll want to be sure to turn off the option to upload photos and videos on both Wi-Fi and data plan. Also uncheck the “upload existing photos and videos” if you don’t want past files being uploaded to the service.
- New! Ability to download file preview instead of original file to save bandwidth
- Improved UI: Download features
- Instant access to all downloaded files
- “Rename file” option for downloads
- Optimized image preview
- Ability to view local files
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.